Most asphalt shingle roofs can have a lifespan of between 15-30 years. In order to maximize the lifespan of your roof in the heat and sun of southern Utah, it is imperative that your roof is properly ventilated. Your shingles may be at the end of their lifespan if granules have fallen off, if shingles are brittle, or if your shingles are becoming wavy. Your roof may need replacing if underlayment has been compromised, damaged, or not installed correctly. Your homeowners insurance policy may cover roof damage caused by vandalism, fire and “acts of God” such as wind or hail. Whether you would like help with your insurance claim, or if you are ready to replace your aging roof in St George, Utah, and the surrounding areas, give us a call at Black Rock Roofing a call at 435-522-8281. We are ready to help.
Other signs that it may be time for a new roof include:
- Missing or partial shingles
- Damaged shingles
- Shingles with curled edges or cupped tab
- Shingles that have lost their granules
- Dark streaks caused by algae and areas of moss
- If you are buying a new home, check to see that the attic has been properly ventilated If not, damage to the roof could been taking place over time.